Xin Networks is pleased to announce that it has secured the ICT Passive network infrastructure contract for the new Singapore Sports Hub.
About The Singapore Sports Hub
The Singapore Sports Hub is the largest sports facilities infrastructure Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) project in the world. It is also Singapore’s largest and flagship PPP project entailing a 25-year Design, Build, Finance and Operating Contract.
The Hub will be a fully integrated sports, entertainment and lifestyle hub for everyone in Singapore. It will be Singapore’s premier land and water sports centre with integrated programming.
A unique cluster development of integrated world-class sports facilities within the city, it will play a critical role in accelerating the development of sports industry, excellence and participation and take sports to the next level in Singapore.
Located on a 35ha site in Kallang, the Sports Hub will include the following facilities:
- A new 55,000-capacity National Stadium with a retractable roof and comfort cooling for spectators;
- A 3,000-capacity indoor Aquatic Centre complete with leisure facilities, expandable to 6,000-capacity for specific events that meets world tournament standards;
- A 3,000-capacity Multi-purpose Indoor Arena which will be scalable, modular and flexible in layout;
- A Water Sports Centre to enhance sports offerings in the Kallang Basin
- 41,000 sq m of commercial space for leisure, shopping and dining activities
- A Sports Information and Resource Centre (SIRC), comprising a library, a museum and an exhibition centre
- Sports Promenade and Community Facilities
- The existing 12,000-capacity Singapore Indoor Stadium featuring an exciting line-up of vibrant entertainment
With its world-class facilities, the Sports Hub will be the Centre for Singapore’s elite athletes and high performance management as well as an ideal location for sports and entertainment events, sports administration, and sports and recreation businesses.Xin Networks has been awarded the ICT package for the project consisting of the Structured Cabling System, the Broadcast Cabling System and Closed Area TV System.
About the Installation
Xin Networks has partnered with R&M a structured cabling manufacturer based in Switzerland to provide the most advanced cabling system available on the market.
For the approximate 20,000 ports of cabling used to deliver most of the complexes ICT networks, Xin Networks will utilise Cat 7a S/FTP copper cables providing a warranted 10GB solution, with an upgrade path to 40GB when connectors become available, thus future proofing the development for the advent of faster and more band width hungry applications
Cross site and vertical connectivity will be provided by both Single OS2 and Multimode OM4 fibre optical backbone cabling which will be used to support all of the Broadcast and Media activities required within a state of the art sports facility.
Why Xin Networks
Xin Networks has been selected based on a proven track record of delivering some of the biggest prestige project in Asia, capitalising on our wealth of experience and expertise with complex projects of this nature.
Xin Networks has vast experience of providing design and implementation of network infrastructure in landmark buildings including the ICC and IFC in Hong Kong and a multi-billion dollar American-owned casino that transformed the Singapore skyline.
This is another exciting and prestigious project for Xin Networks.